Srimad Sai Rajarajeshwari Karnataka Projects was started in January of 2008, with an inquiry of the heart: “How can we help?” and “What is needed now?”
Srimad Sai Rajarajeshwari Karnataka Projects
This was in response to a story of poverty and lack of services in rural India and the love and compassion of Srimad Sai Rajarajeshwari (Amma) and Her work in Karekura Village in the state of Karnataka. Travel to the area revealed a rural India lacking in basic services and infrastructure and a people gentle and engaging, seemingly happy with simple blessings and the gift of forebearance for difficulities.
- We believe that love in action as service brings out all that is great in humankind. It broadens the heart and widens one’s vision.
- It promotes unity and proclaims the truth of Spirit. Through such action the world progresses.
- We wish for all people what we wish for our own family- for we see all as one family of humankind.
Religions are many but the goal is one
Clothes are many but the yarn is one
Jewels are many but the gold is one
Cows are many but the milk is one
Beings are many but the breadth is one
Castes are many but humanity is one.
About SSR Karnataka Projects
SSR Karnataka Projects is a U.S Charitable Organization. In addition it is a non-political, non-profit, secular organization formed exclusively for charitable purposes. Its main objectives are to raise funds to make charitable contributions for the development and welfare of the people of Karekura Village and the surrounding area in Karnataka State, India. This development and welfare is achieved through assisting, implementing and supporting charitable projects focusing mainly on education and health care, social welfare and empowerment of people.
- Karnataka State is found in South Central India.
- The poverty level for the rural area of Karnataka State is set at 309.59 rupees ($8.00) per person/a month or $96 a year. 17% of the rural population here are below this meager amount.
- Adequate nutrition is a problem. Government reports indicate 41% of children under 3 years of age in rural Karnataka State are underweight, and 38% are stunted in growth.
- Anemia is prevalent in most age groups.
- The access to health care has been limited. Many children are lacking immunizations and there are high mortality rates from treatable infectious diseases.
Karekura is a small rural village outside of Mysore with a population of about 1,000 people. Access to the village is by way of a long narrow dirt road that is in poor condition. Along the road one sees the villagers traveling by foot and oxen cart. The homes are without indoor plumbing and most without electricity. Educational opportunities are very limited as the village school, which is public, only goes up to about U.S. equivalent of 5th grade. The quality of the education is poor with the school consisting of two rooms with no student desks and scarce supplies. SSR Karnataka Projects has been granted IRS 501(c)(3) status.
The Road to Karekura Village
How Can I Help?
Here at SSR Karnataka Projects we can come together and make a difference in the lives of many in this very poor rural area of India. Take time to review our projects and consider your support and telling your friends.
You Can Support Health, Education and Community
Mission Statement: SSR Karnataka Projects is a charitable organization whose mission is to assist with projects that improve the quality of life and self-sufficiency of the people of Karakura Village and surrounding area in Karnataka State, India.
Contact us at: email@example.com
Our Board of Trustees
Regina Taylor Chair
Christine Tranchina Vice Chair
Theresa Felzenberg Treasurer/Secretary
Nigel Taylor Member of the Board